1. Attach or turn on the Bluetooth radio adapter for your Windows XP computer.
2. Set up your mobile phone so that Windows XP can find it. Setting up your phone includes:
• Turning it on
• Making it discoverable (or visible)
• Giving it a name (optional)
If you are not sure how to set up your phone to make it discoverable, read the documentation for the phone.
3. Open Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel.
4. On the Devices tab, click Add
5. Follow the steps in the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard.
To open Bluetooth Devices, click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Bluetooth Devices.
- The passkey and encryption features help to secure your data. However, these and other security measures can be compromised or fail, and, if that happens, your data could be visible to or accessible by other devices or computers within range. Therefore, Bluetooth wireless technology should not be considered completely secure.
To install your Bluetooth device, refer to the instructions that came with the device.